There are different factors which cause the obesity, however proper healthy diet and regular physical exercise can control the obesity to a large extent. We have different Obesity treatment options available. The different things we can do to control obesity are (Obesity treatment)
set a realistic goal in consultation with your doctor and work on it. A realistic goal for adults is to reduce about 5 – 10 % of body weight over 6 months.
Reduce Intake of Calories
Taking proper calories is an important factor to control obesity. Proposed limits are 1000 – 1200 calories for a woman and 1200 – 1600 calories for a man per day. However these values may change depending on the type physical activity you are involved in. consult your doctor to set your calorie goal per day.
Moderate but regular aerobic exercises
such as walking, swimming and gardening is a key thing you should do.
A healthy diet means a meal that is high in fiber and low in saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and added sugar especially high fructose corn syrup.
Be careful, It is not like the infection in your body. Weight-loss medicines have to be taken along with other methods like diet and exercise. Take these medicines only after the consultation with your doctor. While taking weight-loss medications, doctor must monitor the person continuously.
Weight loss surgery may be an option for those who find it difficult to lose weight through diet and exercise or have serious health problems related to obesity.
It usually is recommended as a last option.
Bariatric surgery has been found to be the most effective way of achieving weight loss for severely obese people. The procedure results in the greatest reduction in cardiac and other disease risk.
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a surgical procedure which is performed on dangerously obese patients – the aim is to make them lose weight.
- The stomach is either reduced in size with a gastric band, or some of it is surgically removed.
- In some cases gastric bypass surgery is recommended, in which the small intestines are rerouted to a small stomach pouch.
- The patient’s appetite is considerably reduced after the procedure, also his body cannot absorb or digest food as fully as before.
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
In the adjustable gastric band, the surgeon places a ring with an inner inflatable band around the top of the patient’s stomach to create a small pouch. This makes the patient feel full after eating a very small amount of food. The doctor can adjust the size of the opening from the pouch to the rest of the patient’s stomach.The clinical impact of the band seems to be that it reduces hunger, which usually helps the patients to reduce the amount of calories that are consumed.
Disadvantages of Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
- Here a foreign device has to remain in the body
- There are chances that band slippage or band erosion may occur into the stomach, which generally occurs in a very small percentage of patients
- Mechanical problems with the band, tube or port in a small percentage of patients can happen
- A very high rate of re-operation.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band.
- This Induces excess weight loss of approximately 40 – 50 percent
- This is reversible and adjustable
- This involves no cutting of the stomach or rerouting of the intestines
- Requires a shorter hospital stay, usually less than 24 hours,